Leeds Met works in partnership with Festival Republic, providing brilliant opportunities for students, staff and alumni to volunteer at Latitude and Leeds festivals.


Find out more about this partnership and others on the Leeds Met website.


Over 200 Leeds Met volunteers went to Latitude and Leeds festivals last summer. Read about their adventures below.



Tuesday 25 August 2009

Volunteering can often lead to something more

Well, gearing up ready for Leeds Festival tomorrow. I have been very lucky to be able to gain a position as Artist Liaison on the Festival Republic stage after volunteering at Latitude on the Lake Stage as Artist Liaison. The position that I was given at Latitude has made a great difference to me not only by being able to gain a paid role at Leeds Festival, but also allowing me to add more skills on my CV and allowing me to gain more events experience towards my Event Management degree at Uni.

I believe that volunteering is a great way to get involved with the great opportunities that Leeds Met has to offer as well as having a fun time and meeting new people. My advice to anyone who is debating whether or not to do a volunteering placement is to go for it. You gain some valuable skills, a great way to meet people, have a fun time and it may lead to something more, in my case it did. So thank you to Rebekka, Caroline, Gavin, Isla and the rest of the team for allowing me to gain a position at Latitude, for without their help I wouldn't be where I am now.

Lucy McCann
2nd year Events Management student

No comments:

Post a Comment