Leeds Met works in partnership with Festival Republic, providing brilliant opportunities for students, staff and alumni to volunteer at Latitude and Leeds festivals.


Find out more about this partnership and others on the Leeds Met website.


Over 200 Leeds Met volunteers went to Latitude and Leeds festivals last summer. Read about their adventures below.



Saturday 18 July 2009

A week to remember

Well it is Saturday night and the misty drizzle-rain is here again. I am pleased to be tucked up in this little cabin away from it nice and dry, so that I can tell you about my take on the festival so far.


I am a HAT and am thoroughly enjoying my interaction with different members of the public. Rob, Seymour and myself have had different acts depending on our mood. We have been a human fruit machine, we have pretended Seymour is the world champion at 'Rock Paper Scissors' and we have been dancing around shaking tiny maracas. 


I have also been taking photos on a sideline which will soon be uploaded to http://flickr.com/nathandainty and http://nathandainty.co.uk


The thing I have most enjoyed about Latitude is discovering new bands, comedians and performances that I would have usually been too ignorant to go and see by choice. I have also made a lot of new friends with a wide range of people and I think it is a week i will remember for a very long time.


Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/nathandainty


Nathan Dainty

HAT (Helpful Arena Teams)

No comments:

Post a Comment